Monday, August 25, 2008

Payday--AJ's famous for giving out her dollars

And the Winner Is….

Congratulations to Susie Q who guessed last week’s movie quote correctly! It was from the delicious Notting Hill (Can’t you just see Spike wearing Will’s wetsuit because he doesn’t have any clean clothes, and Will wearing his prescription snorkeling goggles to the movies because he can’t find his glasses --Spike is sitting on them. Wonderful, absurd nonsense, mixed in with the most wonderful romance…mmm…)

And now, for the Award Presentation:

Taa Daaah! Thank you Sue for playing the game—we love it!!!

And,

Announcing this week’s movie quote:

“John Wayne was tall…”

For some reason, that line alone is quite famous at our house. But, if my video clip that’s really an audio clip will work (how do you upload audio only…?) you can listen in on the whole dinner conversation from this movie and you’ll have more to work with. (I am experiencing technical difficulties in uploading the clip..... )

OK. I"ll give you more:

Lucy: [to Jack] Okay, um. What do you mean by the leaning thing? You mean because he gave me flowers?
Jack: And then you “leaned.”
Lucy: And then I leaned.
Jack: Yeah.
Lucy: Okay, how did I lean when I leaned?
Jack: It was a lot different from hugging. Hugging's very different. Hugging: that involves arms and hands; and leaning is whole bodies moving in like this …
[leans toward her suggestively] Leaning involves “wanting”... and “accepting”. “Leaning”...
Joe Jr.: Hey Luce! Is this guy bothering you?
Lucy: [Laughs] No, no.
Joe Jr.: Are you sure? Because it looks like he's “leaning.”

(Sandra Bullock and Bill Pullman are Lucy and Jack... a dead give away, if I do say so myself...)

3 comments:

Wendster said...

How about:

While you were sleeping?

They were both in that movie.

(Though I don't actually remember the line, to be honest.)

Sounds funny though. I'll have to watch it.

NariceatL4 said...

Hey there! I've been too busy to blog this week, but Yes! While You Were Sleeping has a wonderful and zany dinner conversation that includes : John Wayne was tall. Whenever we feel a little non-sequitor...seqquuiittoer... is needed, we add facts about John Wayne. Your fabulous dollar ceremony will be included shortly!!
PS How do you get the lovely borders around your pictures?

Wendster said...

YAY. I win.

How DO I get the lovely borders? It's in the set up area. You know the page you go to to change your font color and stuff? One of those "commands" commands the tiny little blog builder people in your computer to paint a border around your picture every time you post a photo.

I will go look and see. After I take all the stuff out of my refrigerator and put it in my freezer outside.