Friday, August 29, 2008

Bacon, Boxes and... Where's Logan? (again) An ecclectic posting of questions of the day


Does anyone smile when they’re cooking bacon?

Do you? My son J~ was visiting and said his wife was so happy cooking cinnamon rolls this morning, but as soon as she started on the bacon her smile inched down to a frown. J~ happily took over for her and he was soon frowning.


Why is Momma looking at me like that???

At scripture study this morning my other son, J~ claimed I was ‘looking’ at him—like this...

I feel that that certainly was not the case. It was

probably more like this:



Why is there dirt on all of the tables…?

My daughter A~ had been hoping that the school district would hire her this year, but they’re not hiring. Finally, last week they called her to do a 4-month long-term sub job in kindergarten at W~. I urged her not to wait until the official ‘first day back for teachers’ but to go in and start getting the room ready now (a process that takes hours and hours). What did we find? A cavernous classroom (it used to be some kind of metal shop or? room for a junior high school—it’s huge!), a mountain of furniture, dirt on the tables (not dust—it was dirt)… and cobwebs everywhere…. Oh my goodness! And boxes…everything was hidden in boxes, tons of boxes. We felt like the teacher in this photo: Aaaah!

Where is Logan?

This question has been addressed before, but he’s gone again. I must admit, there were some facts left out of the first story that are pertinent to this second story…

Logan, also known as Ellbee, was actually enveloped by a horde (swarm? Pod? School?) of young, cute, Asian vampire-borg-collective-War-World-type-video-game-playing praying mantises and taken to their lost city. Once there, the accommodations were too dangerous and interesting for him to even care to try and extricate himself. That’s the true story. And if you believe that, you won’t have to worry-- too much--that Ellbee has gone missing again, because this time… this time he let his Siamese twin/borg friend (my son) know that he’s off on another wild adventure with the world of warquest women… (But it’s all highly unusual, as Ellbee was never one to wander off and/or put himself in the way of praying mantises capable of carrying him to far-off places and getting into who-knows-what mischief. Hmff.) Anyone wanting to share part of the weekend with him, may go to one of the shows the group is visiting in L.V. … “The Amazing Johnathan(please click).”

(But only tune in if you like messy nonsense. I’d rather go see Colin Mochrie (please click)& Brad Sherwood… on second thought, they’re probably full of messy nonsense too… but we’ve got tickets to see them tomorrow night.)

7 comments:

Wendster said...

I LOVED this post.

Poor Autumn!!!! Oh my goodness! I will come help. Just let me know when.

Why do we frown when we cook bacon?

Why do we make faces at (LOOK at) J~ when we study our scriptures?

Why don't we want to go and see the Amazing Jonathan who is so silly and slap stick a magician that I remember him STILL?

I do not know.

I will be tuning in for answers.

Also ... please tell me why my refrigerator died.

sigh.

Wendster said...

LAYOUT

FONTS AND COLORS

BORDER COLOR


That's where you go! Just click on the tabs at the top of the page.

And then tell me where you found those bunny/ dog photos cuz they are FUNNY.

I can't stop smiling.

Wendster said...

p.s. I am wondering if I DO smile when I cook bacon. I know I smile when I EAT it.

You MUST go to Youtube and type in ... rats. .. what's his name?

Be right back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aJ6bTnco00

Jim Gaffigan BACON

It is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Bacon. My greasy lover! To improve other foods they wrap it in BACON.
Bacon bits are the FAIRY DUST of the food community. You don't like this potato? Sprinkle bacon bits on it: Bibbidy bobbidy bacon! BBBBBRRRIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG! Now it's your favorite meal.

The shrinkage. You start with like a pound, you end up with a book mark.

Are they rationing it? If I were by myself, I would take this whole tray of 1,000 pieces of bacon and go outside and lay down and eat the whole thing.

Commandments:
No killing
No cheating on your wife
No stealing
No bacon.
WHAT? What was that last line?

You HAVE to listen to it.

One last one:

If you sprinkled bits of bacon on a piece of bacon I bet you could travel back in time. It's like a tasty vortex! "On a magic bacon ride!"

LOLOLOLOLROFLMBO!!! (I'm listening to it right now. HA!!!)

Between your post and listening to Jim Gaffigan, I am smiling my face off.

NariceatL4 said...

Thank you Wendy!! I love getting feedback (we love it when people leave comments! Loveit LOVEIT!)
I had just decided that I could in no way keep up a blog...
I still probably can't...
And then: Wendy comments!
Hooray!!
I can carry on for one more day!
PS. I'm smiling at all the bacon nonsense!!
Hooray for bacon! I want a BLT with MORE bacon than the L and T !

Speedcat Hollydale said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
More bacon :-)

Between you and Wendy I am going to end up at the store today.

(for bacon)

NariceatL4 said...

I tried the layout... didn't see border options.... And, the bunnies and dog photos I just googled.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I had just got over the bacon, now my huger is refreshed!