
This week's Fun Monday challenge:

Write a story (true or made-up), poem, song, letter... whatever strikes you ABOUT one of the three themes. You must INCLUDE all 10 words. Wild cards words may be used in addition to or in place of the main 10 words. Choose one of three themes to write on:
A visit by your mother in law
Bedtime Stories
Raising a Teenager
Ostrich, goosebumps, magazines, soup, cats, lethargic, noodles, tequila, doorknob, biscuit
Wild card words: prehistoric, Jedi Knight, cactus, periscope, humor
Here's my 'bedtime' (what happened when I should have been in bed) story:
"Blogging Too Late On Halloween..."

It happened again... that sudden flash of light--colored, focused--like some futuristic weapon from some Jedi Knight. A moment ago I had been lethargic and dozing at my computer, the only one still up.
But now I was wide awake.

I glanced a
Why am I up so late? I don't like night-time sounds, and it was way too late for Trick-or-Treaters.

There was that flash of light again. The doorknob rattled, ever so softly.... Goosebumps crawled up my spine. Biscuit and Noodles began to stir across the room in their cages, always the first to squawk loudly at arrivals.
The light began to move... around the side windows... towards the back door. I tiptoed across the kitchen floor, noticing a spot...could that be dried blood? No, no, that's the soup one of the kids spilled and refused to notice or clean up. I had left it there to prove a point... (but it's been there so long as to now be almost prehistoric...).
Still tiptoeing in the kitchen. Why was I moving towards the light??! What was I thinking?? As soon as I passed the bird cages they squawked so loudly I screamed. The door opened quickly and in came....
"Where's Princess Leia?!???
BwaaHaaHaaHa!!!"
The End
BwaaHaaHaaHa!!!"
The End
To check out the stories of the other Fun Monday participants, visit this week's host, Mommy Wisdom for the list.

15 comments:
Too funny! Love the pictures to go with it. And the seasonal theme was perfect! Bravo!
Wow, what a great Halloween post! I loved the graphics too. Nicely done - thanks for playing! :-)
MommyWizdom
Funny Halloween story. Love the pumpkin guy at the end.
Wow! What an ending and with pictures yet. I think it's a great story. Well done.
LOL! Love it, especially that last picture!
Ohh! Scary! I like the Halloween theme.
great pics the and such a seasonal story.
I love your illustrations too! Great use of all the words.
great now I have to sleep with the lights on tonight!!! I love all the pictures also!!
An ostrich cat and a dog princess - not only do you tell your story with word pictures, you've ot some very good pictures to go with it.
Exceptional! Thanks for sharing.
(reliving sigh*) what a story ! I am still scared, lol !
I am feeling tempted to participate in this fun!
You did an EXCELLENT JOB!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT pictures.
They cracked me up beyond reason.
Good story too ... it creeped me out!
Why DID you go to the light? The suspense!!! STay away from the light! STay away I say!!! The pumpkin giant is out there and he wants to eat Toby! Or me! Even though I'm not there right now.
Don't open the door!
OK. I'm going to stop yelling now.
Now that bedtime story would give my son nightmares! He's a bit sensitive that way. I, however, loved it! (seriously relating to the soup on the floor...)
The pictures were great - I especially loved the last one! Great job!
I just had to stop by and see that ostrich cat thing again.
Too funny!
And that thing at the door is DEFINITELY related to the pumpkin giant.
Gives me the willies each time I see it.
Post a Comment