Monday, December 22, 2008

Annual Christmas Jeopardy FHE

Happy Christmas week!
(Read on to hear about jeopardy)



Each year on the Monday before Christmas we have our annual family night with our dear friends the G.'s. Part of the tradition is the annual Christmas version of Jeopardy, and this year I volunteered to make the game.

Oh my goodness! What a lot of work goes into looking for categories and questions that haven't been used in previous years, not to mention trying to phrase the questions as answers, etc.
(Kudos to my husband who has done it for years and years--and suffered thru our jeers of "That's a terrible question/category/answer", etc., and to my daughter A. who took on the game last year.)

Here are my categories and answers for round one. How many of the questions can you guess right (without having to look it up)?


The girls team always goes first, and the first jeopardy category chosen was Christmas Song Pictures for 300. You should have heard them trying to figure it out: "It's a girl with wild hair, a red shirt... jewelry.... blue pants..." --totally skipping the important part: Green sleeves!

And here are my answers for round two, double jeopardy. People hated the "jingles" category! (It was hard...)

But, all in all--even with J's disgust over the peanut butter question--a good time was had, and my husband was so happy someone else made the game!

5 comments:

Wendster said...

Please have snow .. . and mistle toe! And presents neath .... the treeeeeeeeeeeee!

But I don't remember him asking for BAKED POTATOS UNDER THE TREE!!!! lol.

And the sugar plum fairies are the prettiest sight you will see? I guess they would be pretty ... I'd want to see them.

As for the family photos on my blog .... I thought the place did a terrible job on our photos .. . we snapped two with our digital camera (had the dude snap two) and I don't have any prints of those. I like them too. I'm sure you could print the photo from off of the computer, yes?

We haven't opened your fabulous gifts yet ... we are waiting for the kids to get back from Randy's house.

OK. Back to work around here.

Wendster said...

ELF!!! ELF!!!

You're not Santa! You sit on a throne of LIES.

If you're really Santa, what song did I sing you for your birthday?

Happy Birthday.

(Looks defeated)

HA ha ha ha ha!

Hey ... .I love that feature on the side of your blog where you shout out to other blogs! Really clever!!!

How did you do that?

Wendster said...

and p.s. I got great deals yesterday on Black Friday 2. Really thick fabulous towels (one for each of us for 6.99 each) and several other ones (not AS fabulous) for 4.88 each at JC Penneys. I also got huge King Sized pillows that were normally 15.00 for 3.99 each. Door busters! Gotta love em!

And at Bath and Body the holiday scented anti bacterial soft soap with moisturizer is only 2.50 each! And the Candy Apple one smells HEAVENLY!!! mMMMMMmmmmm.

OK. ... now I am really getting back to it.

NariceatL4 said...

Actually, it's
please have snow and mistletoe and presents ON the tree....

dawn altier said...

I loved your Geo Perdy Game... lots of gems and rhinestones. It was all sparkly and stuff. :)