

Speaking of movies, we've seen two excellent movies this week, and a good/OK one. (I had to get my 'movie fix' in before vacation ended.
)Seven Pounds.... Oh my goodness! So good! (So sad) Will Smith is so good in this movie! The script is perfect--there are no wasted words, everything is important. Man, what a good movie.... (now if I could just tweak the ending....)
Doubt. Super movie. Meryl Streep--so good as the head nun. Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the priest in question--so good!

And, we saw Bedtime Stories last night. Parts were incredibly funny, but I had bones to pick with some of the scenes, and the casting: Really, Guy Pearce...? (But Justin said it was perfect casting.) I did agree with the casting of Adam Sandler's friend, played by Russel Brand--hysterical!
I checked him out on Youtube... he's totally ridiculous! (See below... Just little nonsense to start off the new year)
I hope your year is filled with love and laughter!

3 comments:
We LOVED drinking our IBC rootbeers and eating our fabulous snacks you packed for our FHE gift. We had our FHE on New Year's Eve. I know ... it wasn't on Monday ... but it was still a lovely family evening.
I have to watch these videos after Tristan wakes up. I'm not quite ready to wake him yet. He took a long time to fall asleep last night. We went to a little cabin/motel Lee found (cuz Lee can't go at the end of the month when Dawn and Autumn and Justin can) and Tristan crashed several times while sledding with Lee (I sledded with them the first time. .... no crashes! But the second day they went together with Rob.) LOTS of crashing / wipe outs and the last run ended in Tristan going down ...by himself??? and crashing into a puddle??!?!?!? (three foot deep hole ... but only a "few inches of water at the bottom") Don't puddles IN snow in 33 degree weather mean ICE WATER????!!! And freezing Tristan's?!?!?!? and Frost bite?!?!? They both rushed to him and Rob started undressing himself and pulling Tristan's clothes off so he could put his own warm dry clothes on Tristan ... but Lee poo poo'd him saying: STOP! Wait till Mom gets here with the car and we'll change him then. (Our estimated ren dez vous time was THIRTY MINUTES AWAY) ... Thank HEAVENS I came back early (20 minutes early) but Tristan had already been in his cold wet outfit for 15 minutes. Lee wouldn't let Rob change him. Narice. Sometimes..... sometiiiiiiimes! grrrrr.
Oh wait. I forgot. One of the New Year's resolutions I was considering was NOT SPEAKING ILL OF OTHERS. Or ... IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.
And it's not like you needed any other input from me to make my dh be NOT your favorite dh in the world.
But seriously. THAT was just idiocy.
My point, in beginning this tirade, was that Tristan kept complaining and wimpering last night ... couldn't get to sleep. Complained about his leg hurting him and needing ice on it.
My poor baby. Finally slept soundly after about 1:30 am.
I almost forgot:
Happy New Year!!!
For clarification ... Rob was on another hill ... a steep one ... snowboarding on his own while Lee and Tristan were on a smaller hill sledding.
Rob had already advised Lee of the sink hole at the end of the run he and Tristan were using ... Tristan had already narrowly avoided the sink hole full of water THREE TIMES ... and Rob had tried to entice Lee (and Tristan) to another run which someone had dug out to be a lovely run, but Lee had refused. Liked the one he and Tristan had already found.
Just for clarification. Lee was the one sledding crazy with Tristan. Not Robert. Robert, reportedly, was snowboarding sensibly.
Hmmm.... Rob is obviously the scouter... because scouters know that you whip off the wet clothes immediately and put on dry clothing... it is imperative!!! (Mom became incensed when I showed her your blog--she happened to be walking by--about your DH...)
Thanks for the lovely explanations and the visit and the nice feedback on the present :)
Sometimes I wonder what you'll do to too...
I hope Tristan is all right...
Post a Comment