Saturday, September 27, 2008

My daughter's workplace had a potluck dinner fundraiser last night. I tried taking one of those hold-out-your-arm-and-click-blindly shots --- and here we are.

I love D~s workplace! It's a child-development center, and they have such cool stuff there. I love the freedom of choice the kids have, and the experiences that are available! My two favorites from last night: a light table, with clear, colorful shapes to explore; the block center, with huge blocks AND pulleys, so that the kids can experience weight and measurement, as well as geometry and working together. And it has such huge and great play yard....

That reminds me--my principal came up to me after school yesterday and said that the district had just decided that my students (all kindergartners) can no longer use the playground equipment... (and I love our new big toy and rock climbing wall--and so do my students)... What are the people at district office thinking???!! (And will they come to their senses??)

1 comment:

Wendster said...

Sounds like a fab evening was had by all!

a light table? WOW! I want one!