Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun Monday: What's in Your Closet??


I've decided to try a FUN MONDAY challenge. The host of this week's challenge asked players to...

photo their messiest closet...

Here it is...

The dreaded . . . Sewing Closet


As you can see, I do have a sewing machine.... if I could just get to it. I feel compelled to stack as much as I can on it and around it --supposedly to deal when it's more convenient--so that when I need to sew my son's jeans, or my daughter's hem, or mend the edge of the quilt, I must remove --nay--DISGORGE piles and piles in order to sew.

It's very embarrassing...

And my husband doesn't help the situation. If I leave something laying out too long upstairs... he sets it in the closet (my clutter is fine, as long as he can't see it).

I can't seem to deal with it. I set aside days each summer to clean out that closet, and I can't get rid of the stuff! I can't! I think it's an illness...

If I've got this right, click here to visit the list of other fun Monday participants. Thanks Alison and Cassie for hosting (and helping me with the particulars)!

16 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my! That's exactly why I didn't show my craft closet. Mine's terrible! However, I do love my walk in closet in my bedroom. It holds all my stuff!

Tiggerlane said...

Wow! You are like me - don't want to throw anything away, right? I just can't part with some thing...just...can't.

And I would be afraid to move anything in your closet - avalanche!

Sayre said...

It's like looking at my mother's sewing area - except multiply that to include an entire basement! My father threatens to burn the house down when she dies because he cannot see going through it all. He thinks it will be easier and cheaper!

That said, she has come to my rescue many times with the odds and ends she's got stored down there!

Jan said...

You're very brave to show your sewing closet. How nice to have a designated space for sewing.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

*falls off chair laughing!!* That, I think, is the closet that walks with today's prize!!

Superb!

Faye said...

First I noticed in your profile that Pride and Prejudice is a favorite book. Me too. Our local theater is putting on a performance of this local Austen fav the end of October. Hope I can restrain myself from helping with the lines since the playwright is relying heavily on Austen's words. Which movie adaptation do you like? Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle for me.

At least we know your sewing machine is sturdy to be able to hold up that amount of stuff! I too have curtains to sew if I could unearth the sewing machine.

Hula Girl at Heart said...

Wow! That IS impressive. You win.

the planet of janet said...

you are a brave, brave woman.

most certainly more brave than me.... tho NOT NECESSARILY messier ;-)

jsi said...

Now that is some closet!
Don't let it be a burden to you.
Tackle it - command it - you can do it.
It takes a heightened level of bravery and courage to expose a part of our lvies which is not typically seen, investigated or inspected.
Thanks for sharing, and trust in this turth : you are NOT alone Closet Queen.

Alison said...

love it!! I thought my closet was the messiest.

Thanks for playing this week!!

welcome to Fun Monday!!

Ingrid said...

The only solution in this case is : CLOSE THE DOOR ! lol !

dawn altier said...

Wow! You win! You have the messiest closet in the entire world! Here's a million dollars to begin clean-up procedures.

karisma said...

Oh My Goodness! I have finally found a sewing corner worse than mine! LOL! Clearly my dear you need a bigger room with several closets! LOL! Not just a seperate space for the scrapbooking! The cupboards I showed were only a fraction of my sewing room which is neat on and off. At the moment my youngest has his computer in there so I cannot get at my machine, there is also a portable cot plonked in the middle of the room which needs to be put down. (I also have scrapbooking stuff which is all in a wheelie type bag in one corner!) It was a quick passing phase for me. My favourite crafts are knitting, cross stitch and crochet! I do however have a go at everything else "sometimes".

Anonymous said...

hehehe, you brave girl!! wow! i am impressed. i would never show mine until i took a leaf blower to it! hahaha.

take care girl, beany :)

Wendster said...

I am proud of you! You are brave! pc keys not working today! cutting / pasting aaaa bbbb dddd eeeee ffff llllll mmmmmm rrrrr uuuu. tedious!

:) ! ! !

Anonymous said...

hi narice.

hi wendster.

great day to you both! going camping for the weekend. take care, beany :)