During a day in kinder there will always be lots of fun, and lots of nonsense.
Today... the nonsense kept coming.
First, I painted a cover for one of our new class books, "Who likes to paint?," but was too impatient to wait for the paint to completely dry before laminating it... What could be the harm in laminating it while still damp? Ha. The cute cover quickly turned into a totally smeary, gang-logo-looking mess!

Then, three boys decided to investigate the properties of glitter by wandering over to the temporarily un-manned glitter station and cover their hands with the amazing stuff instead of doing their REAL job. (The stress of running around with white glue and getting 20 students to cover each of the letters of their names with beans/pasta/glitter/yarn/etc and have the product still look like the letters they were supposed to be-- caused me to NOT appreciate the wonder of glitter and become NOT amused...)
But lastly: during cleanup time this afternoon, I saw a smashed jellybean on the floor. (MY aide does have a jar of jelly bean rewards.) I didn't want it to become further smashed, so I picked it up to drop it into the trash.
Upon a split-second further examination my brain thought...
"No, it's a tootsie roll..."

Then I caught a whiff of it...
Eeeuuuuwww!!!
Run to the trash!
Run to the sink!!
Slather on the anti-bacterial soap.
Wash wash wash wash wash
Aaaaaaahhhh

2 comments:
eEEeeEEEeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!
"Is it chocolate or is it poo?"
"Is it chocolate or is it poo?"
Eeeeewwwwwwwwwww! It's poo!
Who has ever enjoyed the properties of glitter?
Does anyone have as interesting a day as teachers?
Maybe those ostrich herders!
Post a Comment