Monday, September 8, 2008

Friends



I LOVE...

kindergarten art!

Today we made a "Friends" book. This is the first class book I have my students make each year. It gets them excited to read, because the entire text is... their names! In 5-yr-old land their names are pretty big-news-exciting-to- read-I-can- read-my name-I-can-read-your- name stuff!!


Here is just a sampling of our 20 pages:

The three-eyed green alien-- I love it! ... Maybe she identifies with the the characters from Toy Story...

The 'looking askance', while one cheek remains by the left ear...

The thoughtful-hopeful nice guy...


Mr. Look out--I've got a blue mouth!

Miss very neat and particular

Mr. very un-neat, I-don't -want- to- color- let- me- play- now!

I hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.

1 comment:

Wendster said...

Wow! Your kindergarteners have good motor skills!

It throws Tristan's motor skills into sharp relief.

Glad your first days of school are going well.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures.
Says so much about their personalities.


Now ... back to me.

...

....


Man I have a lot to think about today.

Heavenly Father is DEFINITELY giving me big signs in BOLD print ... I just don't for the life of me know what they say. Are these things written in Greek?

It's like seeing a play in another language and you definitely GET the mood of the players and glean alot about the situation ... you just can't quite put the whole thing together until someone who speaks the language leans over to you and whispers to you in English a tiny little paragraph that makes everything instantly crystal clear ... and then you don't see how you missed it.

I am waiting for someone to whisper.

In the meanwhile, I will check on renewing my expired teaching credential and check on my re-seller's license.

I wish I DIDN'T have drama in my life. It would be so much better for ME and so much better for my family ... not having to think about me and worry.

But we'll get it all straightened out.

There's always a solution.