
This evening we enjoyed the most wonderful Baroque music--the Interpreti Veneziani--delicous! We sure do love the Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts!
Today for PE my students were having such a good time, I just let it go on and on into free play for an extra 20 minutes. No one was fighting, or needed any interventions (amazing). They had divided into three groups:

The students on the bikes and scooters were zooming under the raining-down Mulberry leaves, with Daphne collecting leaves, like currency, from students before she would let them pass by. The janitor hadn't raked up our bike yard, so it was covered and crunchy.

One group was playing some kind of Super Hero Jail game, and the 'superheroes' kept throwing certain students into jail (the porch) where the 'bad guys' would then hang onto the louvered 'jail bars' waiting to get out. George kept escaping, and as soon as the group caught up with him he would collapse into rag-doll form, and they all would drag him (!) back to the porch. Once they made it to the porch six students tried to figure out how to get him up over the step without hurting him, all the while George--limply-- enjoying being the center of attention.
And I--I just stood in the shade, intermittently playing round-the-world catch (some of those throws were pretty tricky--Hernan was loving it!) with the last group, watching the leaves float down on the whole dance under the brilliant blue sky... delicious!

1 comment:
Just wanted to drop in and tell you the I enjoy checking out your blog! I can tell that you're an awesome, creative teacher! You've got lucky students.
Post a Comment