Do you ever forget to do important things--things that should be so second nature/easy to remember-- that there's no way you could forget to do them?Last Wednesday, as I was enjoying the hot water of my shower I suddenly thought--"Wait a minute, I've decided to take quick showers and not waste water! I've got to hurry up and turn off this delicious water!" So I quickly creme-rinsed my hair and got out.
When it was time to dry my hair... it felt very odd... almost like it.... hadn't been washed! I had forgotten to WASH my hair! So, I tried drying my hair (I dry my hair upside down), and when I stood right-side up--it looked about like the 'wacky wednesday' picture above... and I hadn't left myself time to re-wash my hair--it was time to go out the door. So, I had to go to work with Wacky-Wednesday hair. . . (aaaah!)
Also on the wacky-front: This week in computer lab I looked over at Gizelle (yes, Gizelle again) and she wasn't working on her math program.... she was scanning her hand with the red light of her mouse, miles away from the rest of us. It reminded me of my oldest daughter, who got in trouble during a class discussion in first grade for.... panning for gold. Instead of listening to the teacher, she took the pie pan off the table (used for holding glue sticks, etc.), added her necklace to the pan, and 'went out west' to happily pan for gold.
Happy Wednesday!

6 comments:
Yew Haw and Howdy there partnah! I knows exactly what cha mean bout fergittin how to do important routine type things- why today I forgot how to walk. Imagine my dismay when I done got to school- I was dern near hopeless! Luckily I had a spur pie pan handy- kept me busy fer hours.
xoxoxo
thanks for the visit and the kind comment!!
My son is just like your Gizelle!! tonight we were making a wigwam for his Indian project and I told him that if he walked away or got distracted one more time, I was going to walk away and he would have to finish it on his own!!! He got the message and paid closer attention!!
Where is MY pie pan ... ?
I want to pan for gold!
Loved the hair story. Once I got out of the shower, glanced down at my chest, AAAGH! DOUBLE TAKE!!! I have a hairy chest??!?!? teeny tiny blonde hairs??? Well, that must be how I missed them ... they're so dang light! But ... there's so many of them!!! What!??? Glanced at the towel: It's covered in ...
dog hair.
The kids had used my towel to dry off the dogs after their bath.
Glad I had time to get BACK in the shower that day.
What was I going to say?
Hmm. gone.
Guess who is in town visiting? Dave of the Coast Guard. He is doing well and looks super. Down here on business. We played a board game with him last night.
... hello?
... everything OK over there?
new post new post new post!
Post a Comment