Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy President's Day

It's so nice to have a day off from my regular schedule: My plan is to squeeze in some shopping, a movie with friends, and a family birthday celebration dinner out! Yeah! (Even if it rains, it's good, because we need the snow pack in the mountains.)

In honor of President's day, we painted pictures of Washington and Lincoln in kindergarten during center time throughout the course of the last two weeks, so I'm posting a sampling of them for your enjoyment.


I LOVE the big ears! (Mr. Lincoln can obviously hear everything...)



The hair around the ears...and the wide hat... It's always amazing to me how a kindergartner sees things, and what they see (and that it's perfectly normal to them)! The next Lincoln has one ear... and it's really, really big!





I really like the perspective on this one, like he's looking up. The one below has something going on with the shoulders... or lack of them! (Or maybe Lincoln is emerging from some random black rock, and his arms are pinned to his sides...)




Above: finger puppet

Below: Trustworthy



Now that I think about it, the one below kind of looks like the painter--intense look, big smile--hiding who knows what going on inside the brain...


We read a story called George Washington's Breakfast, and evidently Rafael was really struck by the part where the young boy discovers that Washington's uniform had 64 buttons... because he sure added a lot of buttons to his painting! (And he's possibly added an extra set of eyes...)

I hope you have a great President's Day, and I hope you enjoyed the paintings!
(I LOVE kindergarten art!)

3 comments:

Wendster said...

Wow! Those were super paintings. I love the 64 buttons! ha ha ha!

Happy Birthday dear Donnie pants!!!

dawn altier said...

Kid art is the BEST!!! :)

Ann said...

Those were so fun to look at! Your comments helped me to look at them in a different way than I used to. The pictures were very enjoyable to look at! :)