



Clouds like this --looking so thick and firm--make me think of hidden castles and beanstalks...

Clouds that look heavy on the bottom make me think of the book, "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs." They are obviously getting ready to rain down some pancakes, followed by a light syrup.
Plus I took a couple of photos of clouds through the roses in the yard:
Ahhh... the day was so beautiful!And, when we (mom and I) shopped for groceries this afternoon, we passed by a lake in the Home Depot parking lot:
I wasn't quick enough to get a shot of the truck with the kids leaning out of the windows, entranced by the huge surprise pool and splashing wheels, squealing, "Go around again, Dad!"
The flood was NOT in our laundry room or garage--I'm so glad to have a new roof! I was very thankful to be able to enjoy the rain, enjoy because previously 1 and 1/2 inches in less than two days would have meant towels and drip pans everywhere!
And finally...
Last weekend we went to the mountains. On the first night we braved driving up to the "Rim of the World" to look on the scene of city lights stretched out below. The wind was freezing, and blowing at about 35mph... so we couldn't brave the sparkling show for too long. Here is the video I shot (with my regular camera--which really doesn't do it justice).
I can still feel the thrill of standing by the cliff's edge, seeing the lights below, and the milky way and Orion overhead--and actually seeing his whole bow.... I never see that down in the city!
What a wonderful world we've been given.

3 comments:
Those clouds are so puffy and magical! They hardly look real- I want to reach up into the sky, pull one down and sink it into a cup of hot chocolate! Great pix my Momma! xoxox
Loved the book, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". I read it this year with 3 of my students. I too think that cloud could rain down some pancakes followed by a shower of syrup!
I used to have a picture of the clouds shaped in a way that made it look like God's hands. I was just searching for it, thinking you'd enjoy that one, but alas, I could't find it!
I wish I got to go to the rim of the world =)
Post a Comment