Monday, November 10, 2008

Did we NOT buy carrots??!!

Add Image
At our house, we have a large (stained) dry-erase message board on the refrigerator.
We leave notes of importance to others or shopping list reminders, etc.
The danger of this is that we have silly people at our house, who have no qualms about re-arranging and changing letters.
(For example, once I wrote buy purple grape juice...
I happened to notice the next day that my son's friend had changed it to poison grape juice.)
(Or my son and his friend will change the words completely so that I can't remember what it was I wanted to remember to buy... (!)

Or,

the tone...

the tone of the message will be completely changed.

Like this message.

My husband, the "juiceman,"
who makes us wonderful carrot juice each morning,
wrote this question on the board on Saturday.
"Did we not buy carrots?"

My daughter couldn't pass that one up. She kept adding to it every few hours or so.

By Sunday night it was finished . . .

(here's the progression, which I had to photo backwards, remembering what to erase as I went)
















(No, we did not buy carrots)

I better write myself a reminder...

21 comments:

Squeakers said...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! That was funny!!!

How are you doing?

Wendster said...

That was funny.

We have a similar thing going on our white board, which has been a little ignored lately, but Rob has added his new Avatar ( a whale named Corca who can fly on cardboard?)

You know what?

That would make a GREAT post. Photos of their little drawings and notes.

I am going to get on that right away.

Your house is so fun.

I just love your posts.

Wendster said...

... and I think I am going to remember to doodle on your board the next time I go by it.

Wendster said...

... and of course buy some poison juice

Wendster said...

... which will be in the vessel with the pestle

Wendster said...

...because the chalace from the palace has the brew that is true

Wendster said...

.... true story. Danny Kaye knows it's true. Look it up on You Tube. You'll hear it for yourself.

Wendster said...

look up "Court Jester" ... and then a bunch of videos will op up in a list and you'll pick one that says something like:

The vessel with the pestle has the poison

The chalace from the palace holds the brew that is true.

How DO you spell Challace? Chalace? Chalis? Shallace?

sigh.

Wendster said...

This crazy computer doesn't know how to spell. It has underlined every single entry in RED ... as if I spelled them wrong or something!!!

The nerve.

Wendster said...

... did we NOT get spell check on this computer?

Wendster said...

Did we NOT get spell check on this computer?!?!?!?!?!?

Wendster said...

... where is my pen?

Wendster said...

nevermind.

Wendster said...

now ... go straight out and buy some carrots.

Wendster said...

... and flog your children and their friends.

Wendster said...

... they should be writing those fun notes at MY house as well as your house.

Wendster said...

and how many days until gingerbread houses?

I did NOT find the rock candy, by the way.

Just in case you were counting on me.

I have failed you.

Add me to the flogging list.

NariceatL4 said...

Super movie (we've watched it for Family Night more than once!
Here's the whole quote:
Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!
Hawkins: They *broke* the chalice from the palace?
Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.
Hawkins: A flagon...?
Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.
Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Griselda: Right.
Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Griselda: Just remember that.
Griselda: [Correcting Hawkins' recitation of the directions about the drinks] No! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle...
Jean: ...the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true. Even I can say it!
Hawkins: Then YOU fight him!

NariceatL4 said...

If you'll notice, the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true...

Unknown said...

Haha! Better late than never, right? I figure I owed you a post because I never do... I was on the phone with...someone, while I was reading this and busted out in hysterics for a solid minute or so before I could say anything! Even then I could not explain it, you have to see it for yourself! Your house is an adventure =)

NariceatL4 said...

Haha--I found your comment! (It was in my 'mediate comments' box--that's why I didn't find it at first)

(Weird, huh... why would I have to mediate that?)

Thanks for showing that you stopped by (instead of hiding in your Ipod)--I loved it! Yes!