Monday, May 11, 2009

Have you ever been to the aquarium on a Tuesday?

With hundreds of excited children there, it's a noisy place... but my class LOVED the aquarium!

I love the frown on this guy! I was trying to focus on his way-busy feeler-like things around his mouth/eye parts... but they don't show. What does show up is a scary-looking man in the reflection! (He must be a ghost... because I don't remember a lone man standing behind us.... Is the aquarium haunted...?)


The octopus was out and active: We LOVED it!!!



I'd recommend the aquarium on a Tuesday to anyone!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, that makes me want to go to the aquarium again! I love all the animals that you can see and the air conditioning! It also reminds me of hot summer days and jumping into a nice cool pool.

Ann said...

Is this the aquarium in Long Beach? It looks a lot like the one I saw during my visit to California at the end of March! I got some pretty cool pictures from it also.

NariceatL4 said...

Hi Z--
mmm... cool pools... what a blessing!

Hi Ann,

Yes, it's the wonderful Long Beach Aquarium. I remember the first time I visited it I thought: this place is small. (I must have been expecting dolphins and whales...) Since then I have come to appreciate the beauty and wonder of it--and hope that my future classes can still make the trip.

NariceatL4 said...

By the way Ann, I'm glad you got to see the aquarium on your trip too. (It sounds like you didn't waste a minute :)

Wendster said...

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh ... those were COOL VIDEOS!!!

I loved watching them both ... the octopus, the crab dude, and the strange ghost man in the reflection.

Have you seen "Taken" with Liam Neeson? If you haven't, that little video reminded me of a scene where Liam Neeson is looking for his abducted daughter, processes the memory chip in her crushed cell phone, finds a clip of her and her best friend freshly arrived at the airport in Paris, being photographed by the person who is in charge of finding young women to kidnap and sell ... and the dude's REFLECTION (see ... I knew this was going somewhere!) is right next to the two girls on a reflective surface.
Of course ... Liam Neeson finds that dude and GETS HIM!!! YES! Liam Neeson was very good in this film, though I always think he looks like my ex (you know who I'm talking about) so it always distracts me and makes me think a little differently of Liam.

Wendster said...

The movie Taken doesn't have any crabs in it.

Wendster said...

IT doesn't have any octopus's ... octopi? in it either.

Wendster said...

... or any classes on field trips.

Wendster said...

hhmmmmpp. What DOES that movie have?

Wendster said...

AAAACTION!!!! (said Rhino style)

Wendster said...

ring ring. Who's there?

destiny.

I've been waiting for your call.

Wendster said...

p.s. I love Rhino too.

He MAKES the movie.

And makes me realize that action heroes are NOTHING without their comic relief.

Wendster said...

Does this comment blitz make you think that ... I MISSED YOU!??!?!?!?!

Wendster said...

too right.

But when you type that too quickly you end up with

too tight.

which is a lot funnier.

Wendster said...

too right.

But when you type that too quickly you end up with

too tight.

which is a lot funnier.

Wendster said...

Hey. I want to have a party at my house while we still HAVE my house.

What about a Renaissance Faire TYPE of party? Just that kind of theme?

I'm liking that idea.

We should do it QUICK ... before it gets too warm and before I have to pack. In CASE I have to pack. If you know what I mean. If you don't ... talk to Mom. She's got the latest news from me.

Wendster said...

I'm going back to my blog now to post pictures of how pretty the back yard looked all ready for the Prom Party.

Hannah said I gave Becca a better party than I gave her.

I told her: I SPENT more on yours.

Yeah! But Becca's is better. pout.