Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Looked Out The Window...


I looked out the window this morning, and what did I see?

A horse and carriage?!

It was way cool to see the gorgeous horses and this beautifully decked out carriage smartly clip-clopping down our street. It caused quite a stir, and neighbors from up and down the street (including curious us) stood out in their yards waiting to see who was going to get into the carriage as it waited out in the middle of the street (cars passing it by)... and waited... Finally, a group emerged, boarded, and embarked on their fairy-tale ride in their wedding finery.

(Our curiousness reminded me of the musical, 'Oklahoma'--when "nosy folks peek through their shutters")


And also, a carriage in the street reminded me of the Disney movie 'Enchanted', when Amy Adams is singing the delicious ensemble piece, "That's How You Know"... It was just kind of... enchanting.



More enchanting stuff:

While waiting for the carriage to load up,

I enjoyed our gladiolas...

and our rose bushes...
and the purple-ness of the jacarandas

Also, this afternoon, we celebrated my oldest daughter's graduation from college by eating at one of her favorite restaurants, Open Sesame, for some authentic Lebanese cuisine (new to me, and delicious!). (And noisy! I couldn't believe how noisy it was in that restaurant!) We even watched her final project after dinner (a film about her brother)--and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Wow.

She's finally graduated.

She's been a student for so long... I'm so used to her going to school, being at home...

What will happen next?
What does life hold in store for her?
How can I bear to let go of her?
Stop! Back up.
It was an enchanting day.

9 comments:

Wendster said...

An enchanting day and an enchanting daughter.

Not off the subject at all.

Wendster said...

And I know you've asked me a couple of questions I haven't answered yet ... like does Mr. (Blinky?) LINKY! work when your blog is private? I don't know!
And you want to see the clip from the kindergarten play.
Right now I am seeing if I can upload the video from Becca's play ... and if I have success with that, I'll attempt the kindergarten play tomorrow. I love when I can see cool videos on people's blogs!!!

(Yes ... that means I LOVED the video of the carriage ride.)

Wendster said...

Ooooooooooooooh ... you added videos to this post!

Wendster said...

... nnnnniiiiiiice~ *wink*

Squeakers said...

I'M SOOOO JEALOUS!!!! IIIIIIII WANT TO GO ON A RIIIIIIIDE!!!!!!! LUCKY BRIDE! B-E-A-UTIFUL Frisians as well. Those horses looks so pretty.

Squeakers said...

I'm SOOOOOO jealous!!! I want a ride in the carriage!!!! Beautiful bride and beautiful Frisians.

Wendster said...

pssssssssst.

New post! New post!

Wendster said...

Sigh.

Wendster said...

When oh when will I get blog owner approval?