Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Silkworms





















Today was the appointed day--the silkworm caterpillars were big enough to hold (and are ready to spin/make cocoons).


After the ticklish experience, we wrote on chart paper, and I was so delighted with one of my students observations:




" They feel soft like marshmallows and bubblegum."


(It's observations like these that make a teacher say, "YES!" It was wonderful!)

That, and air-conditioning (that finally works perfectly in my classroom this year) on this hot, hot day made me smile :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet they TASTE like marshmallows and bubblegum too! =)

Squeakers said...

I never liked silk worms.... they are so icky looking... They are fun to watch and all but I would never hold one. *shudder* Brave kids brave teacher lol

Wendster said...

.... bet they taste like them too.

HA.

Where are you?

Wendster said...

p.s. They CHEW like bubble gum, though.

... .get stuck between your teeth, too.

Wendster said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Let's eat some silk worms.