Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wacky Wednesday--Fruit Rodents

We were watching TV the other morning
(a conference talk as part of our weekend scripture study),
when my peripheral vision caught a "side show".... (see below)



I've known we had fruit rats in our neighborhood--for years,
those pesky varmints! Right? They are pesky.
(Can you even tell what's in this video? The little varments are running in and out of the chicken's feed bowl, under the orange tree. This is as good a shot as I could get from across the pool.)

My husband thinks I should put out poison for them...
How could I ever want to put out poison for them....?
I see how cute they are...
Nah, I can't do it.

Autumn says I should get a snake for pest control,
but I'd then consider the snake as the pest.
And, what would the snake eat after all of the rodents were gone???





("Honey, where's the dog?"...)


(The next week: "Honey, where's grandpa?"...)


("Honey?.... Honey?...")

6 comments:

Squeakers said...

I saw the rats... *shudder* They are.... well... I find mice cuter lol But I MUST say this. No to the poison! I think that is what killed Birch. Craig has been having mice problems so he put out poison when birch got sick a week later. But what makes me think it was poison was Robert and I found a dead rat or mosey (it was just a thing of skin and bones when we found it) it was pretty eaten up. So don't do it unless you want to risk the kitty cat's lives.

P.S.
I was wondering if you got my thank you text! lol I was worried I sent it to the wrong person. >< Oh yeah... one more thing I forgot my boots over at your place on 4th of July. Could I pick them up today? Please? lol

NariceatL4 said...

Boots? I haven't seen them... which doesn't mean they aren't here... (I did find your hairnet and pins, but Baba probably put them in a 'safe' place. Where? I don't know.)

I agree about the poison--you can't be 100% sure that another animal won't get it too...

NariceatL4 said...

I still feel bad about your poor Birch...

Squeakers said...

Yeah me too. :(

I talked about him yesterday to a co-worker and almost broke down. :/

Well as for the Hair net, I NEED that >< lol I plan to do some more things with Saya's hair. I had too much fun with my hair like that. >< I'm just not going to cut my hair that short..... yet. I already have next years characters picked out, and one charater's hair goes down to her knees, I think. O.o I don't think I'll get it that long that fast but, I have a year so it should be long enough by then... I hope. ><

I'll be posting our Anime Expo trip Videos VERY soon. ^^

I'll text you to see you guys are free for a stop by today.

My boots were down by the rocking chair... I hope Toby hasn't gotten to them. O.O I really like those boots.

ok I have to go. lol

Love you!!!!

<3 ^^

dawn altier said...

I am looking forward to an update! Bring on the new post- you know- the one about the fake mustache!

Squeakers said...

NEW POST! lol I posted the other day now your turn! lol