Don't get me wrong--I love the rain, I love that the rain and the snow-pack help keep us away from a drought... But I'm so glad it's NOT raining. I'm so glad my feet are dry. I'm so glad it's the weekend and I'm not stuck in a classroom with NO recesses for a whole week! (This past week my room was starting to feel small and trashed...)
We need the sunshine; we need to get out and run around (OK, walk, in my case).
Here's the rain from Monday (but I didn't stand in the rain when it was raining hard, for fear of damaging my camera, so this is just a video of a medium-light rain.)
Yesterday I woke up to sunshine, and the longest row of snowy mountains I've seen in a long time. I thought I would chance walking the dog (at 85 pounds, if he decides to chase a cat, my knees will just give out...) to enjoy the brisk air and sunshine.
We made it all the way to the riverbed (and back)!! An hour's walk!! Yay knees!! You did it!! (I put two W's on my calendar--meaning it counted as two walks, because I was so happy we had seized the day!)
On the way back it was already starting to cloud over again....
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Amen!!!
Tristan is Basil.
Since I took my blog public I've changed everyone's names.
You know ... for SOME kind of anonymity.
I am SO GLAD TO SEE A POST ON YOUR BLOG!!!!!
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. I loved your student singing at the top of his lungs on the last post. Awesome! He is full of the zest of life. May no one ever crush it out of him. Sing I say.
And great job on the walk. I know how far the river bed IS ... that is NO small feat! EXCELLENT!!! You must have been booking!
I hiked this morning.
I think there should be port a potties along the way.
Just sayin'.
I go on walks with Pixie and Spike. lol Pixie can go for an hour or so. Spike.... er about 20 minutes and then he starts to walk behind me. lol We're working on him. lol ><
Toby is a BIG dog too! O.o I didn't know he was 65 pounds! I thought he was more! lol
You're a brave lady for walking Toby! VERY brave! :)
THAT WAS A CRAZY WEEK!!!
SO GLAD YOU POSTED!
I FEEL ALIVE AGAIN, KNOWING THAT YOU'RE BLOGGING:)
XOXO
Post a Comment